While building your web site, Quick 'n Easy Web Builder saves the project file with the .qwb extension. This is a project file used by Quick 'n Easy Web Builder to simplify the building process.
One project file can contain multiple web pages. Once your pages are ready you must export or publish them as HTML.
The name of the output HTML file is taken from the name you've specified in the Site Manager.
So if you've named the page index then the output file will be called index.html. If the page needs another extension like .php, you can configure this in the Page Properties.
Here are a some guidelines how to name your web pages:
1. Do not add .html or .htm extension to the page name.
Quick 'n Easy Web Builder will automatically add the .html extension (or .php, .asp) when it publishes (or exports) the HTML code.
2. Always name your homepage: "index", this is the most common name for a homepage. Do not call it "home" or "Index", it should be all lowercase!
3. Always use lowercase filenames, webservers are case sensitive and might fail to find your page if you have called it "Index" or "INDEX"
4. Do not use spaces, '&', '+', '-', ':', ';', dots or other special characters in the name, keep them simple like:
TIP: only use alphanumeric characters in the names of pages and other web related naming!
5. Use underscores to connect words.
6. Do not start the file name with a number.
Frequently Asked Questions about Quick 'n Easy Web Builder
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests