History & Collectibles of Downtown Las Vegas

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder to other users and invite feedback.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.

Please do not:
1) Ask any Quick 'n Easy Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Start more than one thread about your site.
4) Say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Post any site that is not created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.
AlanD

History & Collectibles of Downtown Las Vegas

Post by AlanD »

My website has been up for a few years and was built exclusively with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.
I had been looking for a long time for an EASY WYSIWYG editor and have been happy with the results.

http://over50vegas.com/index.html

My latest change has been the 'site search' feature which isn't working well for me so far. But I posted a question on the 'general questions' and I am sure it will get worked out. I didn't want to use the Google Search widget because then I am afraid I'll get drawn into pop up ads etc. My site has no advertising and nothing for sale and I want to keep it that way.

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Thank you,
mexman

Re: History & Collectibles of Downtown Las Vegas

Post by mexman »

Hi Alan,
there is a text box size issue on the page
http://over50vegas.com/Las_Vegas_History_.html
after "But the short version is: "
Regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your comment.
I checked it and if you are referring to the larger font in the line, I did it for emphasis.
It may not have been the best choice.

Thanks again,
Alan
MagosDomina

Post by MagosDomina »

I would try to condense and reorganize some of the content. The pictures take up a majority of the space on the page, but I can understand why they are there. Keep in mind when you use an image to display text, it wont be indexed by search engines. Some people may find this also harder to read. On my website I made the text very high resolution and resized it. DPI doesn't matter! 72 and 150 are identical when resized to the same size each.
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

Thanks for your advice and input.