Size in Preview

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
VSH

Size in Preview

Post by VSH »

Hello,I have issue with object size(in my case Breadcrumb) when I use breakpoints.
In project everything looks right,but when i use responsive view in firefox browser and changing to lower device resolution only this object is automatically resized (it reduce only its height) and there is unwanted space relative to another object.
So I would like to ask you is there any way to prevent this behavior and if not, how could i know about this ability when choose the object?
As I noted above in the project there is no such thing when switching between breakpoints,and i can't reposition other object relative to this.
I started with v.8 (Trial Version) and as i remember everything was ok.
I bought v.9 and seems like this issue appeаred.

P.S.
This is my first try to make web site,so my knowledge are very low,and i would like to excuse myself if my questions are stupid.And for my bad English too.
Thank you!
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Size in Preview

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.qwb file) so I can see all your settings.

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=45024
VSH

Post by VSH »

VSH

Post by VSH »

The "issue" was that i don't read carefully :oops:
In menu: Tools/Preferences there is a checkbox: 'Automatically scale new objects in other breakpoints'
This clearly means that only new objects(not old one) will be resized in project for different BP and they will looks like in browser if checkbox is checked.
Inserting new object when 'Automatically scale new objects in other breakpoints' is unchecked will keep their size in all BP, but in browser they always be resized when changing device resolution.
Now i have to delete all Breadcrumb from my project and add new one with 'Automatically scale new objects in other breakpoints' checked,or it may have another method that i still don't know.
I am still a bit confused about why i am not faced with this in v.8,so i have to read more.

P.S.
I found that in menu:Arrange/Guide settings/grid Horizontal/Vertical Spacing changing value bellow 4 in edit boxes is not saved by dialog,next time when i open it shows 4,but not lower.There is no warning for minimum value.
Thank you!
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

I am confused by your downloads.
Which project is your question related to?
What do I need to do to see the problem?

Please read:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=45024

Note that you do not have to delete all existing objects.
You can also change the size of objects in breakpoints manually. This functionality has not changed since previously versions.

The reason why you cannot set the grid size below 4 is because rendering that many grid lines would make the workspace extremely slow.
VSH

Post by VSH »

Sorry, project AAAA is the issue.Preview in firefox,Ctrl+Shift+M than resize.Watch Breadcrumb.
In project in evry BP size of Breadcrumb is the same.
In browser it reduce it height when you resize from default to lower resolution.

Same try In wysiwyg Web Builder works.

"You can also change the size of objects in breakpoints manually."

I try, but there is no any effect, browser just change height of Breadcrumb when you pass bellow default to any other lower resolution even that this height stay equal for evry BP in project. Just for example:
in project for BP x800 height =20,
in browser set resolution to 800 the height will be some value lower than 20
In default bp/device resolution everything is ok
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
This will be addressed in the next update.