Problems with text boxes needing excessive white space

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
desertminis

Problems with text boxes needing excessive white space

Post by desertminis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Recently, text boxes that look fine in the editor are cropping text when published. So I'm having to make the boxes bigger and leave extra space on the pages. This has happened for a long time and typically a little extra space below the text does the job. Yesterday, I suddenly needed extra INCHES of space below the boxes to get things to display correctly on a friend's machine...they're fine on mine. I've downloaded a tool to look at the website with different resolutions and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm using the same fonts/styles as on other pages, but still having problems with these new pages. Any ideas?

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Problems with text boxes needing excessive white space

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Maybe you are using a font which is not web safe?
Or maybe you have added custom code?
Or maybe you have copied text from another source and this indue invalid formatting?

To be able to help you I need more information.

desertminis

Post by desertminis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Using Comic Sans, which is on the list of fonts from QEWB. I have styles set up and am using those. I don't know enough to add any custom code...am just using the website builder as a WYSIWYG tool. Have copied text from .doc files...you think this could be the problem? How can I check to see if I'm getting invalid stuff in the text boxes?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Have copied text from .doc files...you think this could be the problem?
Yes, that is a possible cause of problem in formatting.

What is the URL so I can see what you have done?
What should it look like?
Please be as specific as possible so I can try to help you. Now I can only guess, and that may take a long time...

desertminis

Post by desertminis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 pm

The issue turned out to be that my client had a minimum font size set in her browser that I did not know about. My fonts were smaller than that, so she was losing text in the browser with the larger fonts being displayed. I have addressed her specific issue by reworking the pages using a larger font size, but...is there a setting I should be using somewhere such that this could happen without issue for her?

I do not have 3.04. I am working with version 2.2.3

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 pm

is there a setting I should be using somewhere such that this could happen without issue for her?
No, not that I am aware of.