"Use page name for image prefix" option not working in V7

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
wdorr08

"Use page name for image prefix" option not working in V7

Post by wdorr08 »

Under Preferences - Images - Use page name for image prefix, I have this box checked. In version 6 this would rename my jpg picture files using the page name. This no longer works in version 7.0.4 on any of my pages that have jpg images. For example; on my web page https://engraved-rocks-glass.com/pet-memorials.html ,all of the image files retained my original naming scheme of "Engraved Pet Dog Memorial Stone 00004.jpg" (for example). Your help is appreciated. -Bill
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: "Use page name for image prefix" option not working in V7

Post by Pablo »

This option only applies to internal generated images, not to images you add yourself. These images will be published "AS IS".
This behavior has not changed.

Also, note that "Engraved Pet Dog Memorial Stone 00004.jpg is not a safe filename.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131
wdorr08

Post by wdorr08 »

Thank you Pablo. I'm going to rename all of my image files the way you suggest. If I bulk rename them within the folder on my computer where Quick 'n Easy has stored all of my website elements, will the Filename in Property Inspector automatically update with the new name or does it have to be manually re-connected again?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

No, the image names will not automatically will be replaced.
But you can update them manually via the Asset Manager.