Mega menu responsive

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
cbab

Mega menu responsive

Post by cbab »

On the website I’m making although I’ve made the mega menu responsive when I do a preview it shows the hand highlighting the menu tabs but 97% of the time they don’t open up. I also attempted to add a second responsive not mega menu and had the same problem. I do preview in the default browser mode, otherwise it doesn’t work. We use Duck Duck Go and Firefox, operating system is Linux. I’m thinking our browser is the problem since the issue happens with various styled menus and 3% of the time does work. Any suggestions on where to look to solve the problem so that I can finally fix it and publish the site? The rest of the site is responsive, but the menu being the most important part only opens up when I do a default preview and not when I preview various sizes using Firefox tools.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Mega menu responsive

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.

Note: I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.
cbab

Post by cbab »

I hate to sound stupid here but how do I post a demo so that you can see the info of what was done? Do you mean a screenshot of the page in question? I’m making a one page website with a mega menu because I need the three column layout and that one shows the information the best from all the menus. Everything resizes as needed yet the mega menu rarely opens in the smaller responsive preview. I put in a breakpoint of 410 since most of my viewers use either a tablet, laptop or pc for my site and not a cellphone.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Depending on your RWD settings, you will need to set the breakpoint of the menu to previous breakpoint value.
So, if the mobile view is 480 and the preview view is 768 then the breakpoint of the menu should be 768.
I do not think there are many devices which are smaller than 410.

To share a DEMO project please see:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=45024
cbab

Post by cbab »

When I change it to 768 then the menu changes and opens although the menu names aren't visible. That semi works in the portrait view. If the view is switched to landscape then I see the mega menu as is made however then I get the hand to highlight the menu when I hover but it won't open. I turned off hover mode to see if that would help but it still didn't change. If it's made responsive then it should change when the view size changes which it's doing but then the menu stops working. Screenshots of what I mean can be seen via this twitter link. Pictures are on twitter by the qnewb twitter account. https://twitter.com/rondbard/status/146 ... 19717?s=20
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.

Note: I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Please see this FAQ for further details:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=45024