Form with ReCaptcha generates server error

Issues related to forms.
glasshoppa

Form with ReCaptcha generates server error

Post by glasshoppa »

A 500 server error results when trying to load my form when a ReCaptcha is included. Chat with host support resulted in this conclusion:

I'm stumped. Can you help? Many thanks!
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Form with ReCaptcha generates server error

Post by Pablo »

Did you upload all files?
Also note that reCaptcha requires PHP 5.6 or newer
glasshoppa

Post by glasshoppa »

All files uploaded. Host is iPower, PHP version is 5.5 -- I will see if they will upgrade. Thank you.
glasshoppa

Post by glasshoppa »

PHP was upgraded; here is full text of current server error:

Warning: require_once(./ReCaptcha/ReCaptcha.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb16a/b1587/ipw.glasshoppacom/public_html/Contact.php on line 2 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './ReCaptcha/ReCaptcha.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.6.30-precise/lib/php') in /hermes/bosnaweb16a/b1587/ipw.glasshoppacom/public_html/Contact.php on line 2

Sounds like a missing file but I don't know what it is or where to find it ... Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Please make sure all files are uploaded, Included the files in the folder "ReCaptcha"
Also make sure the casing of the folder name and file names is correct.
glasshoppa

Post by glasshoppa »

Sorry, no folder called ReCaptcha is published with my form. I am following instructions in the QEW v6 pdf. I am publishing to a local directory and uploading with FileZilla. Every file published with the site is mirrored on the server. Where should the ReCaptcha folder be?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

The 'Recaptcha' folder will be generated when you publish the page.
This folder must also be uploaded to the server.

Or use the built-in FTP to publish the pages, then all files will be uploaded to the correct folder automatically .
glasshoppa

Post by glasshoppa »

The form works fine until ReCaptcha is added. Keys are correct. Uploaded all files. Here is text of error:

Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /hermes/bosnaweb16a/b1587/ipw.glasshoppacom/public_html/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68 Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /hermes/bosnaweb16a/b1587/ipw.glasshoppacom/public_html/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68 The reCAPTCHA code is incorrect. Please try again. Response from reCAPTCHA server: invalid-json

Any ideas?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Something seems to be wrong with your configuration. I need to see the PHP code to be able to help you.

It looks like the web server is blocking the functionality:
Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in
glasshoppa

Post by glasshoppa »

I contacted the host again -- they needed to "enabled allow_url_fopen for PHP"

And that took care of it.

Thanks for your willingness to help ...