Mac Sierra doesn't support 32 bit

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
ekdesigns

Mac Sierra doesn't support 32 bit

Post by ekdesigns »

Hi Pablo,

I just installed the latest update for this software (thanks for that by the way), but it popped up with a message saying that it wasn't compatible with this OS and I found a link on the apple website explaining it a bit further: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436 - so does that mean if I start creating a site with the new version (or even the older one) of the web builder, it might stop working at some point in the near future? If so, are you planning on a 64 bit version at any time in the future?

Many thanks,
Esther
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Mac Sierra doesn't support 32 bit

Post by Pablo »

A 64bit version is planned for later this year.
However, will be lot of work. So, it may take until the end of the summer before it is ready.
ekdesigns

Post by ekdesigns »

Ahh brilliant!

Question is, if I start building a big website in the current version, and you release the new 64 bit version later on in the year, I presume the sites will open fine in the new version without any issues? Or perhaps that is still yet to be tested.. also, I presume this sort of error won't apply to older macs?

Thanks,
Esther
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

I presume the sites will open fine in the new version without any issues?
Yes, that will definitely be the goal.

You will be able to load project created with he 32 bit version.
However, once you have saved the project in 64bit you cannot go back to 32bit. Because 64bit data cannot be loaded in 32 bit applications.
ekdesigns

Post by ekdesigns »

That's good to hear - I presume it will be for all operating systems and not just Mac?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

64bit is planned for all systems.