moving from app store version to standard version

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
johnrvd

moving from app store version to standard version

Post by johnrvd »

I replaced my old Mac which ran OSX El Capitan, to a new Mac Mini with Mohave. My old Mac had the App store 4.2.8. I downloaded and installed the standard website 4.2.8 version on my Mac Mini. It opens up fine and looks okay so far. Could you give me links to the instructions on how I transfer My data.
So far: In (my old Mac) Documents I see my .qwb file, and my "quick-easy-assets" folder where I keep my images folder. I went into my old Mac Containers and made a copy of the folder: com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder4. (70 MB) (I have a search app that finds package contents and invisible files and folders). Now I just need to know how and where I put this data in the new Mac Mini for the standard website version.

Thanks.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: moving from app store version to standard version

Post by Pablo »

Basically you will need to copy all your projects and project folders (with assets) to the new computer in the documents folder or anywhere else.
Then you can use the file menu to open the project.
johnrvd

Post by johnrvd »

okay, I placed everything to the Documents folder as it was on my older Mac. Do I need to place anything in the system folders or will your application do that automatically for me? Because right now it says, "images not found or invalid." The application manager list of images looks okay. For example: /Users/johnpaolucci-mini/Documents/mysite_jp/scrolltop.png. But the status is "File not found." I don't want to click Update or Move without knowing exactly what I'm doing.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Maybe the permission of the folder are preventing the application to access it?
If you copied the files from a protected (sandboxed) folder then the system may have applied different credentials to the folder.

You should not have to change any settings in the project itself.
johnrvd

Post by johnrvd »

Thank you for your patience. The good news is that I'm not getting rid of my older Macbook, so I can always work on my site from there. It's just that the Mac mini is more convenient. I see now that I actually didn't bring over the folder , com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder4. I checked permissions and it's okay.
So I just drop that folder into Documents even though it came from a system folder? Would it not be the Data folder inside that folder that I drop into documents?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You do not need to copy that entire folder, only the 'documents' folder.

Each project has a project file:
projectname.qwb
and project folder with the same name which contains all the images
\projectname\

The project and entire project folder needs to be copied to a location where it can be accessed by the software.
The software itself cannot change thee permission of the file so you (as the administrator of your computer) will need to do that.
johnrvd

Post by johnrvd »

"You do not need to copy that entire folder, only the 'documents' folder." That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

"Each project has a project file: projectname.qwb
and project folder with the same name which contains all the images
\projectname\" Good. Also what I needed to know.

I have my mysite_jp.qwb in Documents and that's what I click on, open, and to start working with my website.

In Documents (as your requested) I created a folder called mysite_jp. I took the 'documents' folder from inside com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder4 and placed it inside the folder called mysite_jp.

To get QE4 to find my mysite_jp.qwb folder, I went to the Asset Manager, selected all the files and clicked update and chose the mysite_jp folder inside the Documents folder inside the mysite_jp folder. After that nothing happened until I closed the Asset Manger. And then there it all was.

So I'm good to go now. I only had to re-enter my server information in the Publish Website Panel.

I'm placing this description here in case someone else finds themselves in my situation. Thanks.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.