marquee size limitiation

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
betwixt

marquee size limitiation

Post by betwixt »

I'm converting a site made with WYSIWYG Web Builder several years ago with QNewB so it is easier for me to maintain in Linux, I do not use Windows at all now. I've come across a problem I didn't have before with the 'marquee' extension. My client is a well known painter and has a long list of awards which they want to scroll in a box on their home page. It works in their present site "www.larrylearmonth.co.uk" but in V7.1 I find it will only scroll about half the text before abruptly resetting to the beginning of the list. I am only publishing the new site locally at the moment.

Is there a size limit for the scrollable text? If so can you think of a 'work around' that gives a similar effect?
He wants me to keep the site as similar to the present one as possible while adding some new artworks to it.

Brian.
mexman

Re: marquee size limitiation

Post by mexman »

Please describe better: "only scroll about half the text before abruptly resetting to the beginning":
Before resetting to the beginnin, do you SEE any text or a clean window?
I tried just with 60 lines of text and everything is working exactly like your linked example: Text scrolls up untill the last line is completely out, then restart.
regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

This may be a limitation of CSS animations. Did you try standard marquee mode (css animations off)?
betwixt

Post by betwixt »

mexman - it works as expected until about half the lines have scrolled upwards then blanks and starts scrolling the first line again. The site URL I posted is the old version which I am trying to replicate, it works OK, it's the new version made with v7.1 that exhibits the problem.

Pablo - I'll try it with the CSS animations off and see if that is the problem. It certainly looks like there must be a size limitation to the amount of text it can buffer during the animation.

Brian.

[update] - turning CSS animation off does fix the problem!