Photogallery CSS insertion

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
ships158

Photogallery CSS insertion

Post by ships158 »

I have been trying to enter some css code to improve the captioning in the Photo Gallery. I can make this work well when I enter the code using the Safari Web Inspector. When I try to enter code using the Page/HTML in QWB I cannot make it work partially because the Generated HTML for the page is not really visible. There is a dark blue on black background which I cannot read. There must be some way to make the font yellow or white and else make the black background white.

Thanks.
ships158

Re: Photogallery CSS insertion

Post by ships158 »

Sorry, I forgot to tell you version numbers. I have QWB 7.2.2 and OS 10.11.6
Myron
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You can change the text style in the 'Text' properties of the Photo Gallery.

ships158

Post by ships158 »

I was not really clear on my question. I have no problem with formatting the captions the way I want them. The problem that I solved with the CSS was that the caption was too long for the space available so I add the css code
<style>
/* this wrap takes care of long captions */
div.caption {
overflow-wrap: break-word;
}
</style>
This works just fine as shown here where the captions break just fine. Note that I am using the filenames rather than manually entering the captions.
http://www.toomanyhobbies.org/Luther.html

My real problem comes when I attempt to use Page/HTML or Object/HTML to enter the code because of the black background in the code window. I cannot read the blue (supposedly) font on the black ground. Is there any way to change that black background or the font color?

Thanks. The Gallery is important to me because I have 100's of stamp images that I put on my local network and the Gallery is a great way to look at my stamps. I also use the slide show .
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

There is currently no way to change the background color of the HTML window. This is controlled by the system.
Maybe it helps if you switch your system to light mode?