Menu Text invisible

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
DoctorWeb

Menu Text invisible

Post by DoctorWeb »

Responsive Menu - text gone invisible

A strange one; the text on my Responsive Menu * bar on one page is invisible when viewed either as preview, or via the host, i.e. online.
Its perfect on all other pages, its perfect in the app writing and assembling the page but on Preview, or after loading to the host, the text has disappeared, only the menu bar is there. Correct colourful the dropdowns / sub menus all work, just the text is absent.

I tried
1. Replacing with a 'good' menu bar from another page,
2. Changing Background colour and font colour,
3. Change font size

None of those make any difference; I get the menu bar there, but text doesn't appear.

It must be a 'page problem' but I don't know of any parameter that might affect it.

*. page concerned is. https://worldofradio.co.uk/RadioBooks.html
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Menu Text invisible

Post by Pablo »

Do you mean that the text of the sub menu is behind the other content?
This is a z-order problem.
To solve this, make sure the menu is on top of all other objects. You can use the 'Arrange' tools to move objects to the front.
DoctorWeb

Post by DoctorWeb »

Thanks Pablo; that was part of the problem, but the MAIN text of the menu was also invisible. Fine on 'assemble ' page, but once I looked in Preview, and via a server/ browser, it was invisible and only the background d appeared. I have now rebuilt the page from scratch and the new one is find.

Yes, its a golden rule now when finishing a page, to go into 'Arrange' and move the MENU to the front. (Is that the only way to sort the Z listing of items?

Thanks ever so much for your help.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You can also place the menu on a 'Page Header' object. A set the 'stack level' property of the header to 'in front of content'