captcha question question!

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
betwixt

captcha question question!

Post by betwixt »

I accept that extensions are not part of the program but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

The problem I have is one of my web sites is bilingual, in English and Welsh with each page having a link to switch between them . Unfortunately the contact forms have been hit by robots and lots of junk mail is getting through. I added the "captcha questions" extension to the contact form in the English version and it works well but adding a Welsh version stops both working. The forms are on different pages but within the same web site. I have used different Form IDs and different names for each input editbox but it looks like two instances are not possible.
Can anyone think of a way around this other than splitting to two completely different web sites?

Brian.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: captcha question question!

Post by Pablo »

Are you referring to the 'Random Question CAPTCHA" extension?
This extension does not use any external files so another instance should not affect the behavior of the current page.
betwixt

Re: captcha question question!

Post by betwixt »

Thanks Pablo.

Looking into the PHP on the server I can see the questions and answer arrays are stored within the code itself. Looking at the code for each page side-by-side they were identical except for the questions, answers and the success/error page links. Why it didn't work is a complete mystery. In the end I deleted the Welsh form (Keeping the same master background), copied the English one into it then edited the text into the Welsh language. After that it worked! I put it down to gremlins but everything is working again now.

Brian.