Changinging order of layout grids

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
BillDjr

Changinging order of layout grids

Post by BillDjr »

Hello! Like the subject title says... I read somewhere that it's just a matter of changing the Z order (move forward, move back), but this only works for items inside the grids, not the grids themselves. Can't drag them, can't re-order them. I'm using v8.1.0 on linux Mint 20.1
Any help would be appreciated. :)
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Changinging order of layout grids

Post by Pablo »

You can also use the Arrange tools to rearrange layout grid and other floating content.
The + and - keys on the numpad will also work.
BillDjr

Post by BillDjr »

Sorry. Wasn't very awake when I first posted this. I didn't mean Z-order, I meant the layout order. Like, if I have content in layout grids already on the page, I can't move one grid above the other or move a new one above any of the existing ones. I'm forced to drag all the content out of every grid and then drag them back again where desired, rather than just reposition a grid, content included.
Is there a solution for this? (arrange tools work on grid content, but not the grids themselves)
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You can rearrange the layout grids with the arrange tools (move forward, move backward etc).
The + and - keys on the numpad can also be used to change the order of the layout grids (and other floating content).\
BillDjr

Post by BillDjr »

You're absolutley correct. I was doing it backwards....moving forward to move up, etc. Sorry to waste your time.
michling

Post by michling »

Pablo,

Thanks for the info. I did not know about using the numpad, much faster!