Quitting and reopening Q&EWB

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
jyamamo

Quitting and reopening Q&EWB

Post by jyamamo »

Hi! I'm new to all of this, and I'm having a few teething problems.

One issue I'm having is that, after closing the Web Builder app, when I try to reopen it, I get a message saying that it was forced to quit (even though it wasn't!) and asking if I want to reopen. If I click to reopen I just get another message saying more or less the same thing, and asking again if I want to reopen. So I say yes and ... it just takes me back to the first message!

If I say no to either of these messages and click on the Web Builder icon in the menu bar, it just opens up those messages again. I can't get past these two messages!

The workaround I've hit on for now is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. This is a hassle. It takes several minutes to remove it, reinstall it, enter my activation key and restart.

This has happened several times now, sometimes after closing it normally, and once or twice after the programme apparently crashed.

Are others having this problem and can anyone suggest any solutions?

Thank you!
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Quitting and reopening Q&EWB

Post by Pablo »

I am not aware of any restart messages. I have not heard about this before.
Also, the software itself does not have such a message. Maybe it is a system related issue?
Which version are you using (Mac, Linux, Windows)?
jyamamo

Post by jyamamo »

Thank you for your reply. I am using a 2020 MacBook Pro, with the Big Sur OS. It happened again just a couple of hours ago...
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Are you using the latest update of the software?

Note that reinstall the software does not change the way the software works. The functionality of the software does not change when you reinstall it.
Can you tell me the exact steps to reproduce this?
jyamamo

Post by jyamamo »

Hi! I just bought the software two days ago, so I assume I have the latest version!

Here's what happens...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgifumv96ltkd ... h.mp4?dl=0

Now I have to uninstall it and reinstall it before it will work again!

One other curious thing it does is that it treats another html editor I have (Coda) as the "default browser" when I click to preview a page...
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

This 'reopen' windows is displayed by the system, I have no control over this.
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem based on your description.
Do you have the same problem with another project or is it just this project?
Or maybe you can create a different user account on your system to see if that makes a difference?

By default, the software uses the default browser of your system for preview. This is a system setting. So, if you have configure 'Coda' as default preview for HTML then this will be opened.
This may be helpful:
https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/ ... rwa008/mac