Page footer shows up at top of page?

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
jfraze

Page footer shows up at top of page?

Post by jfraze »

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to explain this in a way that makes sense. For some reason whenever I put my page footer into the "footer" cell at the bottom of my flex grid, it looks fine in Web Builder, but when I preview (and presumably when I publish) it jumps to the top of the page and sets behind my page header. If I pull it outside of the flex grid it stays at the bottom, but creates about 6000 pixels of empty space between the bottom of my content and the footer.

I'm trying to use an embedded page as the footer (so it will be the same in all pages) but it doesn't seem to matter whether I use the embedded page or just recreate it as text. The behavior is the same. It's working normally on every page except my gallery page which utilizes a flex grid, so the flex grid seems to be making the difference. But I can't figure out how to configure this to make it stay comfortably at the bottom of the page where it belongs, without a 6000 pixel blank space above it. What am I doing wrong?

Any additional information I can provide that might help?
jfraze

Re: Page footer shows up at top of page?

Post by jfraze »

Correction... it does matter whether the footer is the embedded page or a separate text. If I create a card and place that into the footer cell of the flex grid, it works fine, stays put on the bottom of the page where it belongs... but then it doesn't link to the master page. If I use the master page as an embedded page, the "footer" strangely jumps up to the top of the page.

I can live with this solution but it would be better to use the embedded master page if I can. Again, this master footer works as a footer on every other page of the site. Just this page with the flex grid goes wonky. Is there a reason the footer cell can't hold an embedded page?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Notre tat a page footer should not be inside any other container. The footer should be a direct child element of the page.
Also, note that the footer has different mode. like default floating, fixed. The mode depends on the context of the footer.

If you need my help then please share a demo project so I can see what you have done.

See this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45024
jfraze

Post by jfraze »

Thanks. Since the flex grid has a cell at the bottom pre-named "footer," it seemed like I could put the footer there. In all my other pages the footer is its own element at the bottom of the page (containing the embedded page). But on this page when I do that I seriously get an inexplicable 6000+ pixel blank zone between the bottom of the flex grid and the bottom of the page. It's only doing that on the page with the flex grid. I just can't find any measurement that I've input anywhere that tells it to do that. That's why I tried putting it into the flex grid instead of an actual page footer.

Using the "footer" cell of the flex grid to place an element (which matches the footer) at the bottom of the flex grid does work. At least the page looks right on the browsers and computers I've tested it on. Unless I use the embedded page footer. Then it suddenly jumps to the top of the page instead of staying where it belongs at the bottom. That's normal and expected? It would do the same with any embedded page in any flex grid? Or did I do something wrong?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Since the flex grid has a cell at the bottom pre-named "footer," it seemed like I could put the footer there.
Sorry,m that is not correct. A flexgrid is a container by itself, so you can directly put elements inside the cells.
A page footer is a stand alone object, it must be a direct child element of the page.
An embedded page cannot be inside a flexgrid.

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project so I can see all your settings.
jfraze

Post by jfraze »

Thanks. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. A lot has changed since the last time I designed a website, and I never was an expert. We didn't have flex grids back then, at any rate.

I didn't mean I was trying to put a page footer into the footer cell. I was trying to put the embedded page (which on my other pages I put into the page footer) into the footer cell of the flex grid. I didn't realize that wouldn't work.

I still haven't figured out why using the page footer (as a stand-alone object, not in the flex grid) isn't working, though. Something about this page is forcing that huge gap under the flex grid. But I can design around it on this one page.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project so I can see all your settings.
See also this FAQ:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=45024