Objects position randomly

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
DoctorWeb

Objects position randomly

Post by DoctorWeb »

PAGES EXPLODED !!!
Suddenly every page looks wonderful in PREVIEW, but after putting them onlione, is all jumbled. It looms like the page exploded and objsctes (images mainl;y) shoot off randomly. Ive tried moving objects to where they should be, but they they go somewhere else. I have incrementally deletid objects one by one, to see if any type is causing it. Nothing.

When I change text, that aspect is fine and the text does whatever i instruct it to. But all objects just assume their own particular space (if they move at all - when I try to allocate some graphics to a particular spot they ignore me and find their own positionm, or dont move at all.

All the pages done befoire last week are fine, fortunateley ive only changed the index page, but that is of course a key page, so it needs to be right, and with the objects where they should be on the page.
Nothing has changed since last week - I can do a screen shot of all the settings under Inspector etc if you wish (but am not uisre how I send this to you).

You can see an example of the mess here - http://dietsthatwork.co.uk

I spoke to my ISP / host and they assure me they have not chnaged anything for a week. I am sending stuff 'up the line' to their servers all jumbled like this - but PREVEIW says the pages are perfect and ordered.

(Not sure if this is machine sensitive, but Im running v 5.4.2 on an iMac with Mac OS 10.13.6 HigH Sierra)

Thanks for your time
mexman

Re: Objects position randomly

Post by mexman »

Hi DocWeb (?),
I can't see a real mess, except by the page design itself ;-)
The only issue I see, is an overlapping of the characters "Take a look at our Men health page" with its graphical border, but I consider you did not consider that text might be rendered differently by different browsers.... keep space around it and don do long texts, divide into small text crumbs instead.

Again: No dramatic "explosion", just a not so nice web page ;-)
Same with the z-Order of your object"Latest News" compared to your navigation menu.

regards
Michael
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

The page is full of errors caused by manually added code. You will need to fix that first before I can help you.
Please remove all code (custom HTML, scripts) you have added yourself.
DoctorWeb

Post by DoctorWeb »

Thanks Guys, I hadnt checked with other browsers. Its seems just Safari is the problem and its suddenly lost all sense of diorection. Onone of our Macs an object splits itself in two around the Nav Bar, with the bottom half shooting off about 4 inches down the page. I thought I was hallucinating!

I shall try and follow your suggestions.
betwixt

Post by betwixt »

Using Firefox under Linux here and it looks a mess. Z order is wrong on some images so some scroll under the menu bar and some scroll over it. Also see duplicate blocks at the end of some very long pages. If it is responsive, the break points are non-standard.

Brian.
DoctorWeb

Post by DoctorWeb »

Thanks for those points Brian.
I had tucked a few pictures over the Nav bar, for visual effect,. but the Navigation Bar should relaly be above all others, so it can be seen when clicked on.

When making pages responsive (they should be!) I need to hide some objects, so I normally give them a vertical position low down the page and then 'invisibilise' them using the tool at the top of the Onject Manager. Sometimes it doesn't seem to work, and the objects down below stay visible, no matter what I do with them. Its worse if I leve them up top in the 'wanted / visible' part of the page, as they occasionally then interfere with other objects, even though they are 'greyed out' when I look at the page make up and on the preview - nothing to be seen pro-publish, but once publish the most awful artefacts appear.

Pablo mentioned it may eb coming from manual http - Im not sure if he meant adding colour to text, or different text sizes / borders. thats all I have done. Anothger randown effect I have is that the picture objects insist on displaying at their original size, and won't resize for different page sizes.

The only page sizes I use are the Default (is that 980?)
and then to make the page responsive I make fresh pages up for each of 320, 414, 768.
I have not found time to add in different pages for all the other sizes - protrait sizes and 1280, 1650 and what have you!

I do appreciate your input, which is very helpful.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Pablo mentioned it may be coming from manual HTML - Im not sure if he meant adding colour to text, or different text sizes / borders.
I was referring to the code (HTML and Java Scripts) you have add to the page.

Like DietsHealthHtml2 and OldindexHtml1 (and there are more)
This is affecting the page layout.

If something does not work and you need my help, then please remove all custom code first do we can be sure it is not caused by errors in your own code.
DoctorWeb

Post by DoctorWeb »

Thanks Pabo
the HTMLs you refer to are forms , generated by my Auto Responder supplier (A Weber)>
I shall switch to displaying a simple graphic and a link behind that going to their page containing the form mechanics. (Until I find time to learn to build my own forms.)
mexman

Post by mexman »

Doc:
The on-board form processor of QnEWB does provide an autoresponder..... really.... I think you do not need any external thingy here!

Regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04