Contact form

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
kgnoble

Contact form

Post by kgnoble »

Hi

I have virtually finished my website and have been testing it in various ways. It is based on a third party template but considerably modified.
www.evemusic.co.uk

I have been testing the "contact us" response form. I have success and failure pages included. However, at the moment, without any obvious pattern, the form defaults to the success page after the form is used, but the message does not always get sent. Other times it works well - it does not seem to be a hosting problem. I have a feeling in the back of my mind that it might be related to the route the user uses to get to the contact page - whether it is immediate after loading the main page, or whether if it is reached indirectly somehow that makes it fail.

My question is how best to test the output from the form to see what the action is in taking the data, creating the email and sending it, justifying the success page; alternatively, what are the criteria set up for "failure" such that the unsuccessful message routes to the "failure" page. Is there a way of stepping through any code to follow the action.

Any suggestions would be very helpful

Keith
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Contact form

Post by Pablo »

If it works sometimes, then it's usually a host related issue.
The form script works the same every time you call it, no matter how it is accessed. it is always the same script.

Common reasons for non-working forms are:
- the email is blocked by a spam filter
- the web host does not allow certain email addresses ads the 'from' address.
- conflicting code on the page.

Related FAQ:
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/f ... 10&t=32967
betwixt

Post by betwixt »

On a super slow internet connection here. You really need to shrink the image file sizes, the page looked horrible, especially around the contact form until the images had finished loading. It took about 30 seconds here. The big one is over 500K in size.

Brian.
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Gosh - I hadn't noticed! Thanks. Will reduce them immediately.

K
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Would you mind checking now, please. I have reduced the 4.2Mb image (gulp) as well!

Cheers

Keith
betwixt

Post by betwixt »

Much better Keith.

BT 'superfast broadband' here is anything up to 1Mb/s but typically less than that. It was stopping the contact page working here until the images had loaded, the background text was over the form area. Not sure if that was your original problem though but it is better anyway.

Brian.
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Thanks very much

K
mexman

Post by mexman »

Hi Keith:
Image size is fine now (<150kB each)!
But: Building web sites with music playing all of the start are considered bad Web Design! I would never revisit that page, even I CAN switch sound off after searching for a while WHERE to do it.
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

That's interesting - I will turn it off immediately! Thank you for that.

Any other comments on design - as you can tell this is my first attempt - although the Client seems happy :-)

K
mexman

Post by mexman »

Keith:
Yes, sometimes customers are happy but the product is not a good reference when seen by others ;-)
More coments:
It is nice to find the page in Black&White with the small colorfull detail "eve". What is disturbing are the blue backgrounds at the "terms" and "sen" field.

I do not like the items flying over the center of the background image when navigating down. This might work while the background image is a non-important generic, neutral one, but in this case it is an important one, difficult to see completely. I would rather use a parallax effect for the background (background slightly scrolling when navigating)

I don't like the testimonials beginning with a big white space after opening and scrolling down directly to them. I would remove the space between the first and the last testimonial and start the scrolling text on the upper, not on the lower side.

Your responsive design is not working on small screens (phone!), maybe on a tablet, check! It is easy to fix.

Regards
Michael

Sometimes small thing make big effects!
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Thanks - taking it all on board

Can't work out why the marquee leaves such a gap at the moment, will try and fathom it all out.

Will continue to play with it - Safari is a pain when the other browsers seem to play much more happily!

K