marquee not updating

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
reinecath

marquee not updating

Post by reinecath »

I use a master page with a header and footer and marquee. New content pages use the master page. All worked well until I changed the text in the marquee. In Qnewb 8.1.0 the content pages all inherit the new marquee text. However, after publishing the website (or individual pages) the marquee text is the original text, not the updated text. How do I make sure that changes to the marquee text content is propagated to the published pages?
reinecath

Re: marquee not updating

Post by reinecath »

Sorry. Further investigation revealed that I'd overlaid 2 marquees. I have 2 versions of the master page, both include the marquee. I was trying to copy the revised marquee text from one master to the alternate master and ended up not seeing the new version. Anyway, any tips about how to copy the marquee text to a new page's marquee easily?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Anyway, any tips about how to copy the marquee text to a new page's marquee easily?
If the marque is the same for all pages then you can place it on the master page.
reinecath

Post by reinecath »

Right, but I have 2 "master" pages that differ in one feature. One master is for the main index page, the other master is for site content pages. So, I need to reference different master pages depending on the page. That's why I was copying the marquee text from one master to the other, but that didn't quite work as I'd expected in that a second full marquee was added, not just the text, although I'd highlighted the text when copying.
reinecath

Post by reinecath »

Another question re marquee: is there any way to reference a file for the marquee text. That is , if I wanted to change the content of the marquee I could just edit the "marquee text" file rather than going through the qnewb app. I'm thinking of making this easier for users who don't have access to the qnewb app.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

One master is for the main index page, the other master is for site content pages.
In that case, you will need to update the Marquee twice.

Maybe you can use the 'News Feed Ticker' object?
This object supports loading data from a CSV file, JSON or Database.
reinecath

Post by reinecath »

Thanks, that might work. Just a question about the "url" value. The default is "./rss.xml" but if I want to use a csv file, could I use "./marquee.csv" and it would acces the local marquess.csv file I create in the directory?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

could I use "./marquee.csv" and it would acces the local marquess.csv file I create in the directory?
Yes, that should work.