Publish or ftp problem?

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
dbn

Publish or ftp problem?

Post by dbn »

The publish log that appears upon publishing shows everything. The publish log via Preferences doesn't show anything since August (despite numerous attempts).

I'm using Fire FTP (Waterfox) and it sort of looks like the panels are reversed. HTML files don't appear in first panel, but do appear in second panel. (I tried using FileZilla, but it was so loaded with malware that my computer wouldn't even let it download, thankfully.)

Bottom line is that I haven't been able to upload my site in months. My son, whose business hosts the site, says there's nothing wrong on the server end, so it's got to be something on my end. Am I missing something obvious?
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Publish or ftp problem?

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with Fire FTP or FileZilla configuration
However, the built in FTP tolls should work ok.
I assume you are using the latest update (7.0.4)?
Are you sure you have configured the FTP correct data?

If it suddenly has stopped working then maybe your web host has changed something?
What do you see when you publish the website?
dbn

Post by dbn »

I'm using 6.1 and don't want to upgrade until this problem is resolved.

I don't understand why the Publish function isn't working. As posted earlier, the pop-up Publish log shows everything. But the Publish log via Preferences shows nothing for months. And it's not getting to my ftp client. Images seem to be there, but no html pages. The problem has been ongoing for a while and we've been trying to figure out what the problem is.

The website doesn't publish/upload...it now shows nothing but a humorous message from my son. My son's company hosts the site and he's looked and looked and says everything is good on that end. It's something with the publish and publish-to-ftp functions. It's not an ftp config problem. I only mentioned the problems w/ FileZilla because it's one that's recommended in the qne manual.

I haven't tried the built-in ftp and didn't know it was there. Is it in 6.1 or only the 7 upgrade?

Many thanks.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Maybe the log file is full? Did you clear it and try again?

What do you see when you publish? What information is in the onscreen log?

Version 6.1 does have built-in (Secure) FTP.

Also note that the most recent update for QWB6 is 6.3. However, there have never been any issues with pubishing in this version.
dbn

Post by dbn »

I'll check those things and will post ASAP. Thanks.