How do I position a flexible form in a Flex Grid?

Issues related to forms.
Cantenac

How do I position a flexible form in a Flex Grid?

Post by Cantenac »

Hello

I'm just building my first site using QWB, based on a Flex Grid (using version 7.1.1 64bit on Windows 8.1).

I note that in V7 that the Form Wizard can now create flexible/responsive forms. I've successfully created one, but can't find a way of putting it into one of the cells in the Flex Grid. By default, it sits full-width under the footer.

In the Property Inspector, Miscellaneous section, there is the option to input a specific grid system, so I've tried changing this to 'css grid' from 'default'. There's also a 'Position' property, and using this I can reposition it above the header.

I've also tried building a form manually, but can't drag the Form Area into a cell on the grid either.

'Enable Form' is set to True.

I've been able to sandwich the form (set to Fluid + CSS Grid) between two Flex Grids on the page, so I do have a workaround, though (perhaps through lack of knowledge) the layout isn't exactly as I would like.

Presumably there is a better way?

Thanks
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: How do I position a flexible form in a Flex Grid?

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, flex grids currently do not support forms.
But you can have a layout grids and flexgrids on the same page (not nested).
Cantenac

Post by Cantenac »

OK, thanks for the explanation.
Cantenac

Post by Cantenac »

Just revisiting this topic.

Further to the above, version 7.2 added the ability to use the Flex grid as a form - thanks!

I can enable the form in the properties, however if I create a form using the wizard, I can't drag this into a single cell on the Flex Grid.

Is it intended that the Flex Grid should be set up so that there is a separate grid cell for each form object, so that one form label / field can be dragged into each cell?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

A standard form is an absolute/fixed container. It cannot be part of a grid.
However, the grid itself can be a form.

So, you can drag all the individual form elements inside the grid and set 'enable form' to 'true''
Also, the form wizard can create flexible forms by enabling 'Create responsive form using layout grids'
Cantenac

Post by Cantenac »

Cool, thanks for the details.