Sandbox folder

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
mvabase

Sandbox folder

Post by mvabase »

I use version 7 from the Mac App store. I have activated the sandbox folder in the preferences and I assumed that this would mean that all my files would end up in that sandbox folder (main file + assets). However, media files and other assets added to the my site still end up buried deep down in the container folder in the user library. Did I miss a setting somewhere or is this the intended behaviour? If so it makes it very difficult / impossible to keep files in sync between different computers via a shared folder (e.g. dropbox). I know that the whole sandbox thing is Apple's doing, I just want to clarify the use of the sandbox folder in the preferences, which I assumed would solve Apple's attack on my productivity. Thank you!
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Sandbox folder

Post by Pablo »

If you enable asset management (in Preferences -> Miscellaneous) then all files will be stored in a sub folder with the same name as your project.
In that case, you can copy the project file and sub folder to sync it with another computer.

If the option is not enabled then all references to external files will be to the original location.
mvabase

Re: Sandbox folder

Post by mvabase »

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that the check box activated the sandbox folder, but I understand now that they serve different purposes.

I did, however, find a way to get what I want, i.e., to have all files in one folder:

1) define the sandbox folder in preferences, e.g., "Websites" in the folder that is being synced (e.g. Dropbox) and activate automatic management of assets
2) move the Documents folder from the userlibrary-container-data folder to the Websites folder
3) make a symbolic link from the moved Documents folder (it has to be a symbolic link, not an alias)
4) place the symbolic link in the container-data folder and name it Documents
5) do not rename the Documents folder
6) save your project file anywhere in the Websites folder or its subfolders and it and its assets will be synced
7) obviously repeat the symlink process on all computers you wish to keep in sync