CMS design

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
kgnoble

CMS design

Post by kgnoble »

Hi

I am trying to incorporate the CMS extension. I have successfully connected to my host MySQL and can log on to the CMS

Where I am confused is how I implement it. Do I have a separate website for my users to edit and change content on their main site, or can I incorporate it in the main site but keep it hidden for most users,except those with permission to edit/change?

Are there any examples of the CMS running in realtime conditions as part of any tutorial, or that I can look at? While the example shown works, I cannot seem to get my head round to adopt it.

My main use is to be able to change table information - do I need one of the additional editors or can I do it with the built in editor?

Any help - particularly visual - would be much appreciated

Keith
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: CMS design

Post by Pablo »

Did you check out the demo project? This should give you a good idea how to use it.
https://quickandeasywebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Hi Pablo

I think I now have the measure of the CMS element - at least as far as usage and with no additional coding.

I have tried all the various editor options and the only one I can get to function well enough for my needs is Summernote. My problem is that I want to add images to the website via the editor and, while I can upload text successfully, any photos I upload (and visible in the CMS Admin), I cannot see in CMS View; they subsequently disappear from CMS Admin after saving!

Is there a limit on file size, or am I missing out on anything.

The website is at www.cageyenne.co.uk/TestHMD and the login is kgnoble@cageyenne.co.uk with password "password"

Any help would be much appreciated

Keith
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

With Summernote, the images are emdded in the HTML code via base64.
This format is limited to smaller images. I do not know the exact size, but this may also depend on the used browser.

Note that this is not specific to WWB. The editors are third party scripts, because it would take years of development to get to the same level as these third party editors.
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Thanks - and I understand these are third party providers for whom you cannot be responsible.

However, it seems to me that Summernote, in my particular implementation is not proving to be very stable, and I cannot rely upon it for my users. Do you have a view over the other suggested editors as to which is more appropriate for stability in uploading text and images that don't mysteriously disappear at random?

As a user, although without any real coding experience, I am very happy to continue to use your software and have been pleased with the results. However, if I wanted to use an alternative CMS product, how do I learn where to link it to QnEWB? Is there a particular "entry point" for adding code, or is it subject to a wide range of possibilities?

Keith
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

I think most (free) editors have the same problem with images.
The size is either limited by the browser or the server upload.
Only commercial online editors have 'professional' image upload functionality. However , I am not allowed to built these editors into the software, because they require a license fee per user.

Alternatively, you can upload the image separately (via FTP or another upload facility) and used absolute paths.

Or else maybe this will be helpful:
https://github.com/summernote/summernot ... s?q=upload

QNEWB also supports third party CMS solutions:
https://quickandeasywebbuilder.com/cushycms.html
https://quickandeasywebbuilder.com/surrealcms.html
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Brilliant - thank you. Really helpful.

Just by the way, having tried all the editors in Qnewb, I think I have found Trumbowyg to be the better one for my use.

Thanks again

Keith