Change lightbox size or dimensions?

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
jfraze

Change lightbox size or dimensions?

Post by jfraze »

Is there a way to change the dimensions of a Lightbox window?

I see the option under Settings when I create the link to spell out width and height, but this seems to have no effect. Whenever I preview it, the Lightbox always opens up at the same dimensions, something around 900 x 450 I’d guess, and my vertical image is always cut off at the bottom. Is there someplace else I can choose a setting to have the image actually show up whole in the Lightbox?

It may matter that the Lightbox is opening a "page in this project." It doesn’t seem to matter what size or dimensions I use for that page, though. I need the image in the original page to link to a lightbox with rollover image with explanatory text, so I can’t just link to an image file… maybe there’s a better way to accomplish this?

Also, in case it matters, the image containing the link resides in a layout grid. I’d actually have preferred a Photo Gallery, but there’s no way to create links to web pages in a photo gallery, and no way to do a rollover image in a Lightbox unless it contains a webpage. Is that correct?

I’ve searched through the Help document but I may be missing the specific page or pages that would steer me in the right direction.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Change lightbox size or dimensions?

Post by Pablo »

The software supports several (third party) lightboxes. Each script has it own settings.
You can select the lightbox in the page properties.

For some lightboxes (like FancyBox) you can set the width and height in "Settings'. For other lightboxes (like magnificpopup), the size must be set via CSS.
For more information you will need to check the documentation of the lightbox you want to use.

Example settings for fancybox:

Code: Select all

width: 500, height: 500
I’d actually have preferred a Photo Gallery, but there’s no way to create links to web pages in a photo gallery, and no way to do a rollover image in a Lightbox unless it contains a webpage. Is that correct?
Correct
jfraze

Re: Change lightbox size or dimensions?

Post by jfraze »

Thanks again. Seems to be working now using "Fancybox." I'm certain I tried Fancybox as my lightbox option before and it didn't work in that attempt. Maybe I typed something wrong or had some other conflicting setting somewhere else. This is exactly what I assumed it should be doing, so I wouldn't have bothered you with the question at all. At any rate, thanks for the help. This simple thing was driving me nuts.