Checkbox

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
kgnoble

Checkbox

Post by kgnoble »

Hi
I have created a form using the form wizard. The form contains editboxes and two checkboxes. The form wizard has all the boxes included in the inital creation.

When the form is submitted (by email) to me the values of the editboxes are shown but not the checkboxes. I have the checkboxes intial state set as not checked and the value ON | OFF; use browser is false.

What am I missing? I can create a specific qwb file if you wiish, but perhaps the answer is more obvious?

Keith
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Checkbox

Post by Pablo »

The browser will only send the value to the server when the checkbox is checked.

See also the HTML specification:
Checkboxes (and radio buttons) are on/off switches that may be toggled by the user. A switch is "on" when the control element's checked attribute is set. When a form is submitted, only "on" checkbox controls can become successful.
https://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

Thanks Pablo and I understand that if the checkbox is unchecked then nothing is returned. However, even when my checkboxes are checked, there is still no information returned. The editboxes all work well - just the checkbox information is missing. I have followed the manual information to avoid the lack of response, but I still have the same problems

Any suggestions?

Regards

Keith
kgnoble

Post by kgnoble »

OK - sussed it. I needed to make sure the "names" were included.

Sorry to have bothered you

Keith