Order of elements in the page

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
mysli

Order of elements in the page

Post by mysli »

Hi,

I have added some elements to a page, some InlineFrame, inside that frame a form with a few edit fields and buttons.
At the end I added a Standard->HTML box and filled in some PHP code.

So far everything is fine, and is working well.
In the generated index.php file I have all the html stuff (edit fields, buttons, etc.) in the beginning, and towards the end I have my PHP code from within the HTML box.

Now I have added another InlineFrame with even more edit fields and buttons below the first InlineFrame.

From within the same PHP code as before I want to process these new edit fields and buttons.
But they are placed inside the generated index.php behind my HTML box containing by PHP code, which leads to an error,
as the PHP code doesn't know the new buttons yet.

1. Is using this Standard->HTML box the right way to enter extra code, I use it for enter PHP and Javascript code?
2. How can I ensure that certain elements are placed before others, e.g. all my buttons before my PHP code?

Thank you
Daniel
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Order of elements in the page

Post by Pablo »

1. Is using this Standard->HTML box the right way to enter extra code, I use it for enter PHP and Javascript code?
Yes
2. How can I ensure that certain elements are placed before others, e.g. all my buttons before my PHP code?
You can use the arrange tools (move to front, move to back etc) to re-arrange the order of objects on the page.
mysli

Post by mysli »

Hi,

well, I am rather talking about the position of certain elements inside the generated index.php file.

The PHP code I placed into the HTML object needs to be placed rather to the end of the generated file,
and all other objects, e.g. my buttons need to be placed before.

But it seems objects, e.g. buttons, put later on the page ends up towards the end of the generated index.php file,
which places this button html code AFTER my PHP code. Which makes the PHP code fail, as the button I am
referring too is not known to PHP yet. Or is there another way to cope with that?

What I would need is an attribute which defines the order in which the objects on the page are placed into the generated file.
I.e. I could define to always place my HTML box containing my PHP code always at the end of the file.

Best regards
Daniel
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

well, I am rather talking about the position of certain elements inside the generated index.php file.
This also affects the position in the code.
But it seems objects, e.g. buttons, put later on the page ends up towards the end of the generated index.php file,
Correct, but you can use the arrange tools to move the code up and down the page.