This tutorial explains how to use CSS3 transitions to create fun link effects and enhance user experience. Transitions will be triggered when the user moves the mouse cursor over a text link. Note that CSS3 transitions are only supported by modern browsers.
Link transitions are set up in hyperlink styles. Link styles can be used with standard text links.
Let's start with a basic color fade transition. When the links are hovered over, they will fade into a different color as opposed to immediately switching.
• Open the Style Manager (Menu -> Format -> Style Manager)
• Click 'Link styles'
• Click 'Add' to create a new link style.
• Enter a name for the style for example: link_transition
To activate the transtion effect we need to set the Duration. The default value is 0, which means no effect. Change it to 300 milliseconds.
Click OK to save the style.
Apply the style to a link.
• Insert a Text object and add a link.
• In the link properties select the style we've just created.
Besides basic color fading, Quick and Easy Web Builder also supports animating the underline (also known as text decoration) of the link.
Publish or Preview the page to see the transition effect in action.